Thursday, May 14, 2009

Taking a break from cleaning. Cleaning so I can leave the house sparkly for the in-laws. The in-laws are coming tomorrow to watch the kids so Jeremy and I can take a break in Costa Rica. Relaxing in Costa Rica to celebrate finally being done with the undergrad degree that felt like a life-long project, but really only took four years just like everyone else.

Funny, I don’t feel educated.

Good thing I start again in the fall, working on a Graduate degree. Sooner or later I’ll have to get a job, I know. But for now I’m glad to keep studying and I‘m very excited to focus on my writing.

I felt compelled to post here before I leave Sunday. I’m not sure what to do with myself over the summer. It’s been two years since I had a break from classes (and my last “break” was to have a baby.) Perhaps the blog will get dusted off…then again, perhaps it won’t.

I’m experimenting on myself in Costa Rica, curious what subtle or significant effects travel has on the writer. How are expression, habit, and craft effected by a change of scenery? We shall see…

No comments: